We pride ourselves in the people we employ.
If you would like to join our team, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Steve at email@example.com. Please include the following information: your most recent experience (over the last 10 years at most), your computer skill set, what you enjoy most about work and why you would like a job with us.
We promise to get back to you.
We are currently recruiting for a senior actuary who has a Chief Actuary (Life) Practising Certificate or sufficient experience to obtain one.
A description of the role is given below. If you would like to would like further information or would like to apply for this role please contact Steve at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an experienced Life Actuary, who has significant experience of UK regulatory and accounting reporting requirements.
The individual will be a key member of our Chief Actuary team. We would expect the individual to have a Chief Actuary (Life) Practising Certificate or have sufficient experience to get one. A With-Profits Actuary certificate would also be advantageous. We would expect the individual to take on a number of Chief Actuary roles as soon as practicable and support the existing Chief Actuaries on other clients, with the intention of taking over additional signing roles in time.
Many of our clients rely on us for all their actuarial work, so you will be involved in a wide range of actuarial projects, as well as supporting our clients in their business decisions. You can expect to help deliver advice across areas such as valuations, modelling, product design, investment strategy and business planning. Whilst the firm’s work is largely life insurance based, you could have opportunities to work in health and general insurance.
We would expect the individual to manage delivery of the assignments to a high quality, utilising technical, client relationship, project and team management skills.
Whilst not essential to the role, willingness and ability to take some responsibility for marketing of SDA in the future would be an asset.
You will have a key role within SDA. You will be expected to carry out all regulatory duties required of a Chief Actuary/ With-Profits Actuary as well as advise clients on investment strategy and business planning.
• Professionalism – Acts as a role model and ensures personal contributions align with wider business objectives
• Technical – Keeps updated on change and innovation within the industry and applies where relevant. Enhances personal and SDA reputation for technical excellence. Knowledge of with-profits business and actuarial models, particularly Prophet, would be advantageous.
• Client – Demonstrates collaborative, innovative and commercial approach to client problems. • Business Development – Develops new business opportunities with existing and new clients through technical expertise.
• Project Management - Ensures effective financial management to maintain profitability / manage costs / budget
• Teamwork, Leadership and Development – Fosters an approachable and supportive leadership style. Demonstrates a teamwork and inclusive approach with colleagues.
The salary is negotiable. We have a benefit package which includes a stakeholder pension, flexible working hours and payment of professional costs. In addition, life cover and sickness insurance are provided. Part-time work will be considered.
Future partnership in the business would also be available for the right person.
We operate from Epsom but we service clients throughout the UK and beyond and you will be expected to travel to meetings with clients throughout the UK.